Monday 12 September 2011

Polka Skirt

Hello,

I purchased the pattern for this cute little skirt a little while ago. It is called the Polka Skirt by Jess Goldman. You can see why it soon became one of my favourite skirt patterns. It is just so cute, and very easy to make I might add.


It suits age 12 months to 3 years although it would be quite easy to adapt to a larger size. There is actually a larger size pattern now available if you prefer.

I purchased this fabric and found the extra large ric rac to match, just as the pattern suggests. Gee, ric rac is expensive. Isn't it funny how we are willing to pay so much extra for the embellishments but it is worth it. It really does make such a difference.


When I made the belt, the pattern called for 2 D rings which I hadn't purchased so I thought I would just make a tie belt. This worked fine except I didn't allow extra length so it was too short to tie. I ended up just adding an extra piece to the belt and that fixed the problem.


A great little skirt for work or play!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous, little skirt!!! On this skirt, I think the tie belt looks better than one with D rings.. I don't think I've seen ric rac this size. It finishes the skirt off beautifully I'm off to check out Jess Goldman's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you at Pam's link party and this is just adorable!!! Love the wide tie belt too! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...