Tuesday 4 October 2011

Stripwork Skirts

Hello.

I made these two little skirts a while ago when I was on my Pink Fig Stripwork Skirt marathon. All up I made probably 6 of these little skirts.


This is the size 3 skirt.





This is the size 6 months.




I love that they almost match but still have their own unique look.



This is an awesome pattern that you can use to make a cute party skirt, a light weight summer skirt (like the two I made here) or use a heavier fabric that will be suitable for Winter. 

The beauty of sewing patchwork or stripwork skirts are that they are very affordable. You can match cheaper plain fabric with a small amount of expensive printed fabric for a unique look.

I already know that I am going to have too many skirts in my girls wardrobe this year because they are so much fun to sew :-)


7 comments:

  1. Adorable! My Little Miss has way to many skirts hanging in her closet for the same reason - they are so quick and easy. Love the patchwork idea. Something I've never considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't think a girl can have too many skirts. These are gorgeous, Sherry! Love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty! Love the fabrics. I'll have to make some for my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment on my creepy treats...
    I can't believe you sewed all those clothes, I wish I could sew nice small seam allowances like that. The Pink (pea) coat is SO ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!!! You are inspiring me to make matching skirts for my daughters :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute love the whimsy of your skirt come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric you chose! You always do such a great job making skirts--and lots of other things. :) I enjoy seeing how creative you are! I am so happy you shared this @ Show & Share! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...