Sunday 18 December 2011

A Blue Linen Dress

Hello.

When I purchased my Japanese pattern books I made a pact with myself that I would make each pattern at least once. So to keep the ball rolling I decided to make this dress.


I thought to myself that I would try to follow the dress in the book as close as I could so I kept the fabric the same. I picked up this blue linen fabric from the op shop. I was so surprised that it was actually a piece of unused fabric and not an old curtain or sheet etc... It was almost 2 meters in length and only cost me $3.
What a score! 


I used some left over pink fabric from this outfit for the casings.   


I really do like this dress. It didn't ruffle up on the bodice as much as the example in the book did, but I don't think it matters too much.




Well that is another one to tick off from the book, only about 30-40 more to go...
Good thing I love to sew ♥


8 comments:

  1. Super cute! Again you make me want to get one of those Japanese pattern books! hopefully soon. Look forward to see the 30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling dress!! I've wanted one of those pattern books,but I'm chicken! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice linen dresses. and so cute.It’s super site, I was looking for something like this.Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. linen skirt women

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing experience after visiting this site which is really full of information and someone have information for.And also you could buy some cosplay costumes from http://www.cosjj.com/ in high quality. news update for latest updates in urdu language this is best . Just have fun. linen dress

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...