Thursday 3 May 2012

School Skirt With Flat Piping and Pleated Pockets

Hello.

I made my little Kindy kid a new school skirt to wear in the Winter months.


I used the Lauren Twirl Skirt pattern I tested here but this time I added a couple of extra features.

I used the pleated pocket tutorial from Hart and Sew to add a couple of big pockets to the front.
I then separated the main part of the skirt from the band at the bottom with some flat piping.
I found a tutorial on how to do this here.


The skirt is made from broadcloth cotton



I think it should look really cute with some thick black tights and boots.

Linking up here.




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Sherry!!! Love the red and white trims...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The touch of color really makes the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great touches Sherry! I LOVE the big pockets! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pockets. The red and white finish it off nicely! Thank you for the link to the flat piping tutorial, I've been thinking about using piping this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! Love the big pockets and the red and white touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Linen Skirt Women

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...